As I’ve mentioned in the past, I am seriously crazy about breakfast foods. Bagels, salmon, bacon, pancakes, waffles, bacon, french toast, blintzes, eggs, bacon, hash browns, granola, and did I mention bacon? I love it all and I can’t get enough. So it makes me especially sad that I end up eating oatmeal for breakfast 5 days a week, week after week, year after year. Oatmeal is fine and all, but I long for variety. And something a little more indulgent and treat worthy.
This breakfast pizza is definitely deliciously treat worthy. I love how flexible this is too. Want more cheese? Just add more cheese. Want more or less veggies? That works too. Don’t want to make your own dough? Just buy some. Want meat? Add meat! I love this combination of sharp provolone, shaved asparagus, eggs, and a few tater tots, but there are so many creative and delicious ways you could approach this. The best part is how easy it is pull together. It’s also really filling and would work really well for a brunch party. Just serve it with some fruit, whip up some Bloody Mary’s, and you’re good to go.
I really wish I was having this for breakfast today instead of oatmeal. But maybe I’ll make it for brinner tonight instead….
- your favorite overnight pizza dough recipe (I use this one but make it at night and keep it in the fridge overnight)
- ⅓ lb shredded or sliced provolone
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 4 scallions
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces asparagus
- frozen tater tots
- salt and pepper
- Make your dough the night before. Don’t feel like making dough? Just buy some!
- Take the dough out of the fridge two hours before you want to make the pizza.
- Cook your tater tots according to the package instructions 1 hour before making the pizza and set aside. Increase the oven temperature to 500 F.
- Meanwhile, shave the asparagus using a vegetable peeler and thinly slice the scallions.
- Lightly flour a piece of parchment and gently stretch the dough into a round or rectangle. Cover the dough with the provolone, then top with the asparagus. Carefully crack 4 eggs onto the pizza, then top with salt, pepper, and the parmesan.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet or preheated pizza stone and cook for 6 minutes. Add the tater tots and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, the tater tots are heated, and eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove pizza from oven and place on a cooling rack. Sprinkle the scallions over the top and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Slice and eat immediately!
Share this post: